The MARK’S VINTAGE VINYL page features something from Mark’s collection of recordings from over the years. Most of it is on vinyl – hence the name – though there will be a few entries from his CDs (remember those?).
Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes, by Jimmy Buffett
- Seventh studio album by Jimmy Buffett, released in 1977.
- My buddy Bill was the first of my gang to get into Buffett, and so the rest of us started to listen. It’s hard not to get hooked on his easy going, often goofy, always singable songs. After we saw him in concert, we were permanently fans – this was way before his fans were known as parrotheads.
- Buffett released 29 studio albums and 12 live albums – I own 12 of them, and Changes was my first and one of my favorites – despite the fact that Margaritaville is on the album. Of course, it’s the song that made Buffett famous, his only solo song ever to break into the top 10 of the Hot 100. But most true Buffett fans will tell you that it’s not even close to his best song.
- Thanks to Margaritaville, it was his best selling studio album, reaching #2 on the album charts, moving him from cult status to international star.
- Personally, my fave on this album is the title track, Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes. I just love the vibe – classic Buffett beach bum, laid back, enjoy life tune.
- For more on Buffett, see my post about him from May 21, 2017. Here’s a video of Buffett performing Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes in concert in 2010.