- Country singer, musician and songwriter born in 1976 from Ada Oklahoma.
- Shelton began singing at an early age – his first public performance was when he was 8, singing at a talent show – and he learned to play guitar when he was 12. He wrote his first song when he was 15, and he started performing at venues. At 16, he won an award given to young entertainers in Oklahoma, and 2 weeks after graduating from high school, he moved to Nashville to pursue a career in music. He got a job at a publishing company, and sold songs that he had written. In 1997, he started working in production for Sony Music.
- Aided by country music hall of famer Bobby Braddock, who liked his work, Shelton signed a recording contract in 2001. His first album was released that year – the self titled Blake Shelton. It included the hit song Austin, which reached #1 for 5 weeks on the Billboard Country chart, and #18 on the Hot 100 chart. Other top 20 hits were Ol’ Red and All Over Me – the success of these songs drove sales of the album to platinum certification.
- His next album, The Dreamer, was released in 2003. The first single from the album, The Baby, gave Shelton his second #1 hit on the country chart.
- Three more studio albums were released between 2004 and 2008, with each album having a #1 song – Some Beach, Home and She Wouldn’t Be Gone.
- Two EPs were released in 2010 – Hillbilly Bone and All About Tonight. These recordings led to 3 more #1 songs – the title track Hillbilly Bone (a collaboration with Trace Adkins), the title track All About Tonight, and Who Are You When I’m Not Looking.
- Shelton’s 2 best selling albums were released in 2011 and 2013. Red River Blue and Based On A True Story… both were certified double platinum, and Red River Blue was his first album to peak at #1 on both the country album chart as well as the Billboard 200 chart. Five #1 songs came from these albums, with Honey Bee, God Gave Me You and Boys ‘Round Here all selling over 3 million downloads.
- Three more albums released in 2014, 2016 and 2017 continued Shelton’s string of success. Eight different singles from these albums topped the country “Most Played” list, while 6 songs were top 5 on the country sales chart. His best selling song from these records was Sangria.
- Shelton has been a coach on the singing competition TV show The Voice for all 14 seasons. Seven of the contestants coached by Shelton have won the competiton.
- He has won numerous awards from the various Country Music award programs. He has been nominated for 8 Grammy awards, but has yet to win a Grammy.
- Blake Shelton continues to be one of the most popular artists in the Country music world. His songs are traditional old school country – songs about drinking, God and love. His most viewed video on YouTube is God Gave Me You – let’s give it a listen. Kinda awkward at the beginning and end – Miranda Lambert starts and ends the video talking about her love of Blake. They got married soon after the song was released – and divorced 4 years later.