The MARK’S VINTAGE VINYL page features something from Mark’s collection of recordings from over the years. Most of it is on vinyl – hence the name – though there will be a few entries from his CDs (remember those?).
George Harrison, by George Harrison
- Eighth studio album, released in 1979.
- I liked the record, because it had a feel good, upbeat, mellow sound – so different than disco, punk and new wave music that was popular at the time. I always appreciated Harrison’s contribution to the Beatles, and I was pleased with this solo album, so I nabbed it when I saw it at my favorite used record store in college.
- He wrote most of the songs after an extended break from music. During this period, he remarried and became a father. He spent time relaxing in Hawaii – his contentment comes through in the music on this album.
- Personal favorites on this album are the first single released from the album, Blow Away, as well as the song Not Guilty. Blow Away peaked at #16 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Not Guilty was originally written by Harrison for The Beatles’ White Album. It was recorded by the band, but ultimately it was cut from the album.
- Here’s Harrison’s video of the super catchy song, Blow Away. Don’t let the giant rubber ducky scare you!
1 thought on “George Harrison – George Harrison”
The “silent Beatle”….absolutely LOVE him!