The MARK’S VINTAGE VINYL page features something from Mark’s collection of recordings from over the years. Most of it is on vinyl – hence the name – though there will be a few entries from his CDs (remember those?).
Aerosmith, by Aerosmith
- Debut album released in 1973. My album is the second pressing released in 1976.
- The original release was not very successful. However, when the band’s second and third albums sold well, the record company re-released this debut album, and it was much more successful in 1976.
- Dream On was a big song for me as a teenager. It peaked at #6 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Steven Tyler’s vocal wails, and Joe Perry’s guitar riffs were perfect. It’s sometimes called the first power ballad ever in music. Rolling Stone ranks it at #172 on their 500 Greatest Songs of All Time list.
- Aerosmith went on the become the best selling hard rock band of all time, with over 150 million records sold worldwide.
- Here is the band playing the epic Dream On.