The MARK’S VINTAGE VINYL page features something from Mark’s collection of recordings from over the years. Most of it is on vinyl – hence the name – though there will be a few entries from his CDs (remember those?).
Super Hits, by Roy Orbison
- Compilation album, released in 1995. One of hundreds of compilation albums that Orbison has released. This one was released 7 years after Orbison’s death.
- I purchased this sometime in the early 2000s. During the 90s, I had stopped following music – too busy chasing kids around ball fields and dance recitals. Whatever music I was listening to was a Disney soundtrack (which are pretty good) or was sung by Barney or Raffi (not really all that good). Once the kids were older, I started to appreciate music all over again. I realized that I needed Roy Orbison in my collection, and found a cheap CD of Greatest Hits that took care of that.
- Ten classic songs, all under 3 minutes long. I particularly like It’s Over, Crying, I’m Hurting and Blue Bayou. Also included is Oh Pretty Woman, though this song isn’t among my favorites.
- To learn more about Orbison, go to my April 12 post about him.
- Here’s a clip of Orbison performing It’s Over from the 1988 documentary DVD Roy Orbison: Black and White Night. Really – what an amazing voice!