The MARK’S VINTAGE VINYL page features something from Mark’s collection of recordings from over the years. Most of it is on vinyl – hence the name – though there will be a few entries from his CDs (remember those?).
Nevermind, by Nirvana
- Second studio album by Nirvana, released in 1991.
- The album has sold over 10 million copies in the U.S. and over 30 million copies worldwide.
- The singles from the album are Smells Like Teen Spirit, Come As You Are, Lithium, and In Bloom.
- Four months after its release, the album hit #1, replacing Michael Jackson’s Dangerous album. The record label had predicted that sales would reach 250,000, or at most 500,000 within a year of its release. Instead, it hit sales of 1 million copies within 2 months of its release.
- The album brought grunge music to the mainstream audience. The album is ranked #17 on Rolling Stone’s list of All Time Greatest Albums. In 2005, the Library of Congress included Nevermind to the National Recording Registry.
- The video for Smells Like Teen Spirit took the world by storm when it was released. It is “grunge chaos!” Give it a look.