The MARK’S VINTAGE VINYL page features something from Mark’s collection of recordings from over the years. Most of it is on vinyl – hence the name – though there will be a few entries from his CDs (remember those?).
Abacab, by Genesis
- Released in 1981, the 11th studio album by Genesis.
- It has been certified double platinum in sales in the U.S. It reached #1 on the UK album chart, and #7 on the U.S. Billboard chart.
- There were 4 singles on the album – Abacab, No Reply At All, Keep It Dark and Man on the Corner.
- The song No Reply At All includes horns, which were performed by the horn section of Earth, Wind & Fire.
- Genesis was one of the premier “art rock” groups of the 70s, 80s and early 90s. This album is very representative of their sound, particularly as it evolved after the departure of Peter Gabriel from the band. Prominent keyboards/synthesizers from Tony Banks. Solid guitar work by Mike Rutherford. And of course, the distinctive vocals and drumming of Phil Collins. Here’s a live version of the title track.