The MARK’S VINTAGE VINYL page features something from Mark’s collection of recordings from over the years. Most of it is on vinyl – hence the name – though there will be a few entries from his CDs (remember those?).
Their Greatest Hits, by The Eagles
- Released in 1976, covering hits by the Eagles from their first 4 albums from 1971 to 1975.
- This album is the #2 selling album of all time, at 29x platinum. Only Michael Jackson’s Thriller has sold more albums.
- The Eagles were an awesome band. Their knew how to write and produce songs – everything from easy going country tunes (Take It Easy) to kick ass classic rock tunes (Life In The Fast Lane). Their harmonization is spectacular, their musicianship skills are spectacular.
- One of my favorite concerts is their Farewell Tour Live From Melbourne concert on DVD, released in 2005 (one of their many “farewell tours”). By this time, the band had been together 34 years – Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmidt were nearly 60 years old. But Wow – could they still sing and play!
- This Greatest Hits album is a must have for any record collection. Hard to pick favorites here, since they all are classic, but I’ll go ahead and pick 3 – Take It Easy, Lyin’ Eyes, and One Of These Nights.
- Here’s the band a long time ago, playing Lyin’ Eyes.