- Born in Iowa, died in 2012 at the age of 84. His birth name was Howard Andrew Williams.
- Classic 60’s crooner. I loved the sound of his singing voice. Listen to his classic, Moon River. This song was the theme song to the movie Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
- He hosted a variety show (remember variety shows?) in the 60’s that was wildly popular – The Andy Williams Show. The show won 3 Emmy awards during its run.
- Andy was famous for his Christmas albums – he recorded 8 in his career. Every Christmas, I listen to the Merry Christmas album from Columbia Records, issued in 1965. The album was certified platinum in 1989.
- In 1991, Andy built the Andy Williams Moon River Theater in Branson Missouri. After he died, his ashes were distributed in the artificial river that is part of the complex. Jimmy Osmond (the youngest of the Osmond Brothers) now operates the theater. The Osmonds were frequent guests on the Andy Williams Show.
2 thoughts on “Andy Williams”
Love his smooth voice and his eyes! He was my Mom’s favorite! We had all his albums!
I just listened to Moon River. It brought back so many memories of when I was young and we huddled around the TV to watch the Andy Williams show. My mother loved him and so of course so did we kids. A bonus was always when the Osmonds appeared on the show. Thanks for the memories